Click on the question for more information:
Sign up here, online or call 850-456-2277 to enroll over the phone.
Our training location:
Harley-Davidson of Pensacola 6385 Pensacola Blvd Pensacola, FL 32505
Basic RiderCourse is $250.00. 3-Wheel Basic RiderCourse is $300.00. Experienced RiderCourse is $100.00. KickStart Course is $50.00
Sure, call 850-456-2277 for all questions.
You will need:
- Over the ankle footwear (please use footwear that allows you to “feel” the foot controls. Shoes/boots with a large heel or big toe box make it difficult to shift, especially for the ladies. Boots with steel toes or a hard toe box do not allow you to feel the shifter.)
- Long pants
- Long sleeve shirt (or Jacket) If hot, a light colored shirt works best.
- Full-fingered gloves (We can provide gloves if needed)
- D.O.T. Helmet (We can provide a helmet if needed.)
- Eye protection Note: Glasses are considered eye protection for the purpose of this course.
- Sunglasses and sun screen are optional but recommended.
- If it looks like rain, consider bringing rain gear as we will still ride!
CAN I WEAR MY OWN HELMET?
Yes, if you already own a helmet and it is DOT approved you may wear it.
No. We will ride in the rain, just as you would in real-life. Bring a rain suit.
If you are a Florida resident you must be 15 ½ and have held a car learners permit for at least 6 months.
Alabama residents can take the course at 14 as long as they have an Alabama Motorcycle permit
We use Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycles.
We have bikes that you will be able to easily control and be comfortable on.
Yes, we have bikes to fit all heights and weights.
We sure do!
For the Basic RiderCourse and Kick Start Course, students will use our training bikes. For the 3-Wheel Basic RiderCourse and the Experienced RiderCourse students will use their own bikes.
Yes. We can provide a 3-wheel motorcycle for a rental fee of $100.00.
A 3-wheel motorcycle must meet the following design requirements:
1. Three-track wheel orientation (leaves three separate tracks during straight-line operation) Dual wheels may be front or rear)
2. Motorcycle-based conversion or design. Handlebar steering Motorcycle-type controls arranged with the standard convention (convenience alterations such as a single brake pedal or lever control, automatic clutch, or automatic transmission are allowed), Saddle seating, Seating causes rider/passenger to straddle vehicle. If designed for a passenger, passenger must be seated behind operator
3. Turning diameter of the vehicle at its widest point must be less than 40 feet.
4. The vehicle must meet all applicable federal/state on-road vehicle standards.
5. Under no circumstances will vehicles with the following designs characteristics be allowed in the 3WBRC: Automotive hybrids or automotive conversions, vehicles with automotive controls or seating, vehicles with rear or front mounted engines (engines must be mounted midframe below the rider), vehicles with enclosed or semi-enclosed riding compartments, any other significant departure from the standard motorcycle design.
Take your current Florida Driver’s License to the a license issuing facility along with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation card that you will receive upon completion of the course and $38.25. They will issue you a new license with “MOTORCYCLE ALSO” printed in the lower right corner.
When enrolling, you are purchasing a seat in the class of your choice. Once purchased, that seat is set aside for only your use. Please select the date that will ensure you can attend each day for the times indicated. You must attend all class/range sessions.
All fees are nonrefundable unless students call 850-456-2277 or email email@example.com 6 days prior to their scheduled class to obtain a partial refund. A partial refund is full tuition minus a $75 processing fee.
There is no charge for postponement provided the student calls or emails at least 2 days prior to their scheduled class. If less than 2 days prior or if a student does not complete the entire class, a seat in a subsequent class may be purchased for BRC- $200.00, 3WBRC- 250.00, ERC- 75.00.
Learning to ride a motorcycle requires skill progression. This progression begins with small tasks and builds to larger, more complex tasks. It is critical that students arrive on time. Preferably, come early! If you miss a class or range session, you will not be allowed to complete the course and will have to purchase another seat in a later class.